Raven's Nest Studio

Raven's Nest Studio
click feather for website

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Color Combinations

Once upon a time, I was a gardener who researched, planned and schemed to get my garden vistas coordinated in color and blooming season and height and texture and leaf shape, and....All for naught.

The hardy plants died in an unusual winter, the short plants grew tall and the colors of the bulbs were wildly different than what I expected. There is a solution for this and it is not in my garden. It is in my head. Now I just look for the happy accidents that occur in my garden as every year is different. I try to take photos to remind me of these views later, because they cannot be recreated. But if the photos don't work, there is always next year's surprises to look forward to.

 Lavender Blue and Yellow Orange

 Cream and Ruby

Red, White and Blue

 My favorite flower vendor once told me that there were no color clashes in nature. I believe him.

Enjoy the flowers of spring,
Rosemary
 


No comments:

Post a Comment